Monday 25 July 2011

For what it's worth, pt 2

Last year I correctly predicted 8 out of 13 of the Booker Longlist. Last year was, however, a somwhat leaner year that 2011 and I'd be surprised if I got anywhere near as many. Anyway...


1. At Last – Edward St Aubyn
2. Chinaman – Shehan Karunatilaka
3. Gillespie and I – Jane Harris
4. Last Man in Tower – Aravind Adiga
5. Mr Fox – Helen Oyeyemi
6. Open City – Teju Cole
7. Pure – Andrew Miller
8. Snowdrops – AD Miller
9. The Blue Book – AL Kennedy
10. The Stranger’s Child – Alan Hollinghurst
11. There but for the – Ali Smith
12. Waterline – Ross Raisin
13. What they do in the dark – Amanda Coe

1 comment:

  1. The whole dirty...realistic genre is getting less realistic all the time...recently published myself...finding myself tending to be lured towards incest, paedophilia and gore as devices to shock and engage...backed off...why...long time ago I was on a train in Tokyo surrounded by men reading business boy comics...not going there...

    Gray Dourman
    www.magichelix.com

    ReplyDelete